Alternatively titled: dessert in a glass.
Now, I am not opposed to enjoying sweets. I’m not a huge fan of sugar, but apple pie is one of those savory dessert things that you can’t exactly have one slice of after you’ve made the entire pie. I could have made an entire pie…but then I might not fit into my wedding dress. And I’d really like to fit into my wedding dress.
Let’s save the entire pie for another time, and indulge a bit in its drinkable friend.
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- ¾ cup organic, whole milk vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Enough milk to get it all moving (amount depends on desired consistency)
- Add apple, yogurt, oats, cinnamon, and sugar to a blender and pulse
- Slowly add enough milk to achieve desired consistency
- Top with more cinnamon and oats (so it looks pretty) and enjoy!
Okay, so it’s not exactly the real thing (a flaky, buttery crust is a bit hard to recreate in a blender), but it’s pretty darn close if you ask me.