Hey, how’s it going! Happy first day of June…I feel like June 1st is the real first day of summer, right?!? Now if only we could start vacation today.
In the meantime, here’s what’s going on over on this end lately.
– A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. The librarian in me says to always read the book before seeing the movie/show, but I have to admit that it’s fun to go back and start the books now, even though I’m up to date on season 6.
– A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman. I started this because it’s written by a Swedish Author and my Scandinavian grandfather was named Ove. It’s more sentimental for me than anything, but it’s a good beach read.
The Bachelorette. Reruns of Parks and Rec. Tons of documentaries (to fix my brain after watching the Bachelorette). We just watched Virunga, about the park rangers protecting Virunga National Forest in the Congo from a British Oil Company wanting to drill on the UNESCO site.
– Barbecue food and fresh salads. It’s called banace.
– (drinking) sun tea and wine spritzers
– Lots of long walks on the trails and trying getting my butt to yoga when I have a day off. I’ve got a post coming this week about my current yoga sitch…something that’s been on my mind as a teacher lately. Stay tuned.
– Reading on the beach
– Actually pulling off a surprise graduation party for hubby
Looking Forward to…
– Andrew finishing one last summer class and finally (maybe) knowing where the next step takes us. Wherever it is, I’m so happy that we’re on this journey together. My husband has worked so hard to go back to school, finish with honors, and better not only his future, but ours together.
– Disney and New Orleans next month
– My little niece or nephew due in the next 4 weeks!!!
Share some love and positive vibes!! Tell me what you’re loving and looking forward to!